Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

09 April 2006

Okay Another Book Challenge - Books 30 - 32

So I thought maybe I would blog about something different but nope not doing it. LOL I've now read 41 books so I think I'm ahead of schedule which is good. Also the good thing is I'm up to date with my reviews so soon I'll finish and blog straight away. That is if I'm diligent about it. :)

Okay so here we go.

Book 30 – Mistletoe Marriage by Jessica Hart – Sweet/Tender/Harlequin Romance

This is a marriage of convenience book between Sophie and Bram.
They are great friends and at one stage Bram was engaged to Sophie’s sister. Now Sophie’s sister is married to Sophie’s one time fiancée and Sophie must face them for Christams. Bram comes up with the idea that they are now engaged with the view to breaking it off just after Christmas.

As they start to ‘act’ for their families both encountered feelings that were strange and new to them. Also her former fiancée starts to flirt with her and he leaves her cold.

I enjoyed this book but I can’t say it really moved me. Could be because the name “Bram” just didn’t work for me. LOL In the end both Sophie and Bram realise that friendship can truly turn to marriage. And Sophie realises she makes a lucky escape and didn't marry a shallow person.

Book 31 – The Wedding Surprise by Trish Wylie – Sweet/Tender/Harlequin Romance

I LOVED this book. I couldn’t put it down. When I started it my thoughts went to the Reality TV Show “My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancée.” The book was a similar premise to the show.

Caitlin and Aiden must prove to their families that they met over the internet and are in love and are getting married. Caitlin’s father has hit financial hardship and that is the real reason she joined the show. Aiden is the producer of the show and must keep that from Caitlin.

What they both didn’t count on was the fact that they could actually fall in love. There are some really beautiful lines in this story. I had some real AWWW moments.

I truly recommend you try and find this book it was a sweet and beautiful romance. She is definitely going to become an auto buy for me now.

Book 32 – Leathlly Blonde by Nancy Bartholomew – Silhouette Bombshell/Intimate Moment (Aus)

Well this is the first book I’ve read in first person and I did struggle through it. LOL It is also the third book in the “It Girl” series.

The story is about Porsche who is a rich, rich girl and has just become a Gotham Rose secret agent. Her assignment was to pretend to be the girlfriend of an actor, Jeremy, big name and soon to be Oscar winner. Only problem is he is trying to be gay and she finds his high school teacher mentor, Sam, very attractive.

There were quite a few times I almost gave up on the book, but I would skim ahead and find that I needed to find out what happened next. The author sucked me each time and that is a measure of good writing. So I stuck with it but again I found the romance lacking.

Okay so that's the next 3 books. A mixed bag of different genres there but all pretty enjoyable.

Keep smiling.

JN

5 Comments:

  • At 11:46 pm , Blogger Nicole Flockton said...

    Becky

    You asked which line I'm trying to target.

    Hits H&MB Modern or Harlequin Presents which is released here in Australia as Sexy.

    Hope you get to see this message.

    Cheers
    Nicki

     
  • At 2:05 am , Blogger Nicole Flockton said...

    Becky

    Email me at nicki dot intimo at optusnet dot com dot au

     
  • At 2:05 am , Blogger Nicole Flockton said...

    Sheesh that is so blonde anyone could copy that. LOL

     
  • At 12:54 pm , Blogger Katrina Glover said...

    LOL Hey, Nicki. Just stopping by. Haven't been online much and I know I missed one of your IM's awhile back. I'm behind on so much =( Hope everything's going great for you!

    Say hi to those kiddo's for me!

     
  • At 11:18 pm , Blogger Trish Wylie said...

    Isn't it amazing the nice things you can find on a google search!!!

    I'm so very glad you loved The Wedding Surprise...

    And ALL THE VERY BEST OF IRISH LUCK with that manuscript!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home