Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

02 April 2006

Book Challenge - Books 24 - 26

Okay so here it is another instalment of books. I really have slowed down a bit on my reading. I've read 38 books so far. I think the reason I've slowed down is I'm back to a slower bus trip and been doing more life stuff rather than reading.

But here it goes.

Book 24 – The Tycoon’s Trophy Wife by Miranda Lee – Modern/Presents/Sexy

This is the second book in her series, “Wives Wanted”. This story is about Reece and Alanna. They linked up a year ago when Reece had been dumped by a woman after he hit financial hard times. So he hooked up with an agency and met Alanna.

They have a very intense, sexual relationship. It is a marriage of convenience. Both are starting to feel difference feelings and both aren’t sure how to handle these changes. Then fate steps in by way of an accident and Alanna loses her memory. She doesn’t recall being married to Reece but thinks she is still married to her, violent husband.

Their journey to finding each other again is a wonderful story. I knew I would really enjoy this story and I did. I read it in about 2 and a bit hours. What a way to spend a Saturday afternoon. I would recommend this one.

Book 25 – A Scandalous Marriage by Miranda Lee Sexy/Modern/Presents

So this is the third book in Miranda’s series. I found both the 2nd and 3rd books at the 2nd hand store on the same weekend. LOL

So this is about Mike and Natalie. Natalie runs “Wives Wanted” the agency that hooked up Alanna and Reece. Mike needs a wife for a business deal. Natalie needs some money to help her parents out of a tight financial spot. So she volunteers for the job.

This was another quick read for me although not quite as quick as Reece and Alanna’s story. They both have a journey to complete, certain things they have to get from their past to get to each other at the end. Another great read.

Book 26 – Back in Her Husband’s Bed by Melanie Milburne – Sexy/Modern/Presents

This Author is an Aussie author so I find myself supporting the home team authors. LOL I’ve had a bit of hit and miss with Melanie but I did enjoy this book.

Carli and Xavier were married and have been divorced for about 5 years. They met at a friends wedding and immediately fell in lust then love. But there were differences between them that they both were too stubborn to try and repair and ended up divorcing. As the story goes on you find that Carli only asked for a divorce in the vain hope that Xavier would fight for her.

Obviously didn’t happen and after a chance encounter Carli ends up pregnant. Xavier, after having a taste of her wants her back in his life so he forces the issue and Carli moves in with him.

Also it seems that the couple from the wedding where they met are having problems and look like divorcing.

I actually liked the way these two characters grew. A big problem in their early relationship was their failure to communicate and they said things to each other that they didn’t really mean.

What I would like to see from Melanie would be a book about their two friends. It was left up in the air if they were getting back together. Keeping my eye out and seeing if she will write their story.

So that's it for this time.

JN

2 Comments:

  • At 9:54 pm , Blogger Cole Reising said...

    Hi Nicki! I ususally love presents - though I am generally careful about the tone being set for the male. I love alphas but I don't want them to be down right rude. Sometimes they can seem to be that way, to me.

    The first two that you read sound really intereting to me. The last...I'm not too sure about. Maybe its the actually have and gone through with the divorce part that bugs me. I've put books back on the shelf because of a nagging thing like that. :-) Oh, well! Thanks for the review! I love getting ideas for good books out there! Thanks. Cole

     
  • At 11:00 pm , Blogger Nicole Flockton said...

    Hi Cole

    With the last book, the two did divorce on a misunderstanding. In the heat of the moment she burst out that she wanted a divorce. They had been fighting about fitting in with families etc and he learnt more about his family after they split up.

    What Carli really wanted was for Xavier to put her above his family and the family law firm. She didn't want a divorce at all. But she is a stubborn female too and was a bit at fault.

    I'm not sure if you can recall that on the Presents thread on Eharlequin there was a book that really upset a reader. The hero was less than hero worthy in the opening chapter.

    I'm reading that book now and am sitting on the fence about my feelings for it just yet.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    Cheers
    Nicki

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home