Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

31 March 2006

So what next?

Well I've been busy organising my life at home and had no time to check in on my blog. So I do today at work.

I've been mulling over what I've been feeling since I read the comments to my last post. I guess no one likes to be found wanting. Nor do they like to be told what they should be doing and not doing.

I guess for me I should just stick to the light and fluffy stuff, forget the serious stuff because I always seem to be lacking in something.

Take this example for instance. I made a comment on a friend's blog. I really wanted to write an insightful reply but I seemed to struggle with what I wanted to put down but I still replied. Then I visit today and see a really, really insightful reply and think, "Geez I've just got no idea" and I think if I want to be a writer and I can't answer a simple query in an intelligent way how the heck am I going to be able to write a publishable book.

I always thought myself to be quite intelligent. I did well at school and I can generally hold a fairly good conversation. But lately, well I seem to be lagging behind.

So will I attempt something serious again? Give me a couple of weeks and I'll have shaken this funk and yeah I'll attempt it again and no doubt in some eyes I'll have made a complete bungle of it. LOL

In the meantime back to the regular light and fluffy posts.

JN

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 pm , Blogger Jenne said...

    aww, Nicki! I don't want you to feel that way!

    I know, when you're feelin' down, it's hard to get back out of it.

    Don't second-guess you're worth over that kind of thing. You are wonderful and intelligent--differences of opinions not withstanding.

    In my comment to your last post, I wasn't telling you that you were wrong, I was answering your questions, or trying to, from an American perspective--because I know a lot of what a person believes about a situation has to do with where they live. I just wanted to make sure you had a different view point to consider.

    Take care, my dear friend.

    Jenne

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home