Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

03 April 2006

Another book Challenge - Books 27 - 29

Book 27 – Expecting the Playboys Heir by Penny Jordan

And yet another book in a series. LOL This is the second book in a Penny Jordon series. I blogged about the first book (Bedding his Virgin Mistress) earlier.

So this story is about Julia and Silas. Julia is being harassed by her best friends husband and Silas concocts a story that they are dating. They have a history of not being the best of friends they are loosely related. Silas told his mother at Julia’s 18th that he wanted to marry her. He would inherit the family estate and Julia would be a perfect wife.

Her friends husband attempts to drug Julia but Silas is there and manages to prevent anything awful happening to Julia. Julia has trouble getting over the experience but does and resumes her relationship with Silas. When she suspects that she is pregnant, a psycho woman turns up saying she is also pregnant by Silas.

In the end it all works out well. I do have the 3rd book in the series but strangely don’t feel inclined to read it at the moment.

Book 28 – Mistress to a Rich Man by Kathryn Ross

This book opens up with our heroine, Libby, in a bar having a drink with her friend. There is a tv on and she notices a man, a man who happens to be her father although she was told he was dead. He is an actor and is making an appearance at the Cannes film festival.

Libby is licking her wounds after being left high and dry by her boyfriend. She decides to contact her father and asks to see him. She gets no joy and decides to confront him. In steps his manager our hero, Marc. He will do what he has to do to protect his client and he believes that Libby is looking for a quick financial fix and will sell her story to a tabloid paper.

As they get to know each other Marc finds himself conflicted. There are circumstances that point to Libby being out to sell her story and other things that show her not capable of that. Her father is avoiding her which makes it worse. In the end a resolution is found for all. A good read all in all.

Book 29 – Baby of Shame by Julia James

If we hadn’t had to travel from my mum’s back to our house I would have read this in one sitting.

I admit I haven’t been a big fan of Julia’s books. But for some reason this book hit the note with me.

Alexis and Rhianna had one night together only and that one night resulted in a baby. There was a major misunderstanding and that was due to the effect Alexis had on Rhianna. When they meet up again 5 years have passed and Rhianna is ill and has just been hit by a car. Alexis has also just found out that he is a father.

There is much confusion with Alexis believing that Rhianna is a drug addict. He takes her and his son to his island. There Rhianna recuperates and the truth about her supposed drug addiction and the troubles she has gone through the last 5 years surface. Also what surfaces is the reasoning behind her actions on the night they meant and how Alexis's reaction the next morning set Rhianna and their son on the path that they were on.

I think I’ll make it a keeper.

I've actually cheated and started typing a book review document and then pasting in my blog. LOL That way when I finish a book a can give a reviw and not try and think about the book a month later!

Until tomorrow when I may blog about books or something else.

JN

3 Comments:

  • At 10:17 pm , Blogger Cole Reising said...

    Hi Nicki! I love hearing about books! This is such a great idea! I find I'm actually going out and looking for books by titles and authors. Soemething totally new for me.

    On your last post/comment(I've been so busy with family activities I've gotten behind on my 'visiting' *grin* so I thought I'd just comment here - hope you don't mind) Thanks for the more info on the book. I haven't been to HQ in a week or two, maybe longer - boy hard to believe and until this moment hadn't realized it been that long -- I missed the upset reader bit. Now though I'm totally curious. I'm definitely going to have to check that out. *grin* Sometimes I wonder if it isn't all just a publicity stunt - to get more attention and buys and so forth. I mean even if it isn't it does seem to work that way...

    Thanks once again for all of the wonderful book reviews!
    Have a great day! Oh and I almost forgot--- thank you sooo much for reminding me to take and see the baby steps in my life! Its been a mental life savior lately! Thanks! Cole

     
  • At 1:05 am , Blogger Rae said...

    When I read your reviews I go out looking for the books ... some I can find but most aren't for sale here ... Someday they are going to find a way for us all to be able to read the same books no matter where we live

    Did I just do a commercial for e-books???

    Rae

     
  • At 3:05 am , Blogger Nicole Flockton said...

    Hi Cole

    The conversation would possibly have been back in late February early March. I don't think it was a publicity stunt at all. The reader was genuinely distressed by all the comments. She didn't mention the book or author and I'm not entirely sure when it will be in released in the US. Which means when I write my blog I will have to word it carefully so as not to give away the whole story. LOL

    So glad that you are doing your baby steps. I'm actually really enjoying my find with Flylady. LOL

    HI RAE!! I know about the release dates. I would love to participate in a Read with the Host on Eharlequin but so far haven't been that lucky.

    Maybe next month.


    Nicki

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home