Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

17 April 2006

Books 43 - 45 Book Challenge

Okay this is the last book challenge post for a few days. I've only got one more review as I've read 46 and am on my 47th book. Decided to do 3 books at a time.

So here is the next one. All these books are part of the Do Not Disturb Blaze Series.

Book 43 – Private Relations by Nancy Warren – Blaze

Okay this is the 4th book the “Do Not Disturb” series. This is the story about Kit and Peter.

Kit is the PR person for Hush hotel and Peter is also in marketing and he just happens to be the man who leaves Kit at the altar. He gets cold feet and keeps driving.

So its three years later and Hush are running a Fantasy Weekend Promotion. One particular fantasy has really caught Kit’s attention. It turns out to be the fantasy of her ex-fiancé. It also seems that Piper, Kit’s friend is in on the plan and knows that one of the winning entries is Peter’s.

So Kit and Peter are thrown together and after the first night Peter realises that he still loves Kit.

He must convince Kit that this time is the right time to get married.

It was a great story and there was a nice little side story about a friend of Peter’s and the other Fantasy weekend winner.

I can’t wait to read the last book in the series which is released this month (April). I also do have the 5th book and am deciding whether I start that or pick something else.

Book 44 – Hot Spot by Debbi Rawlins - Blaze

So the 5th book in the series won out. This story was about Madison and Jack.

Madison is a freelance photographer and Jack is TV Anchorman. Madison has just got a great assignment for a magazine and Jack is the subject of the photo shoot. He is trying to shy away from the sexy anchorman image and wants to be taken as a serious reporter. Unfortunately the magazine spread is for “The Sexiest Man” for Todays Man Magazine.

I really enjoyed the story and both these characters decided to go after their dreams no matter what.

Now I’m reading the final book in the series.

Book 45 – Room Service by Jill Shalvis – Blaze

Okay so this is the last book in the Do Not Disturb series about Hush Hotel. I admit I was hoping to see a bit of a Piper the hotel owner in it but truly I guess it would have detracted from the story.

Em is a TV Producer trying to entice Amuse Bouche’s chef Jacob Hill away from Hush Hotel and be the star of her new cooking programme. There is a couple of sub stories in the book as well. Em’s best friends and a couple of Jacob’s colleagues, who happen to both be female.

Anyway Jacob steals a kiss from Em in the elevator and both are struck by the powerful feeling of emotions they felt with that one kiss.

In the end Em doesn’t get her man for her show but she does get her man in Jacob. He hasn’t had the best childhood so trusting his feelings and his heart were hard for him.
Really enjoyed the book but as I said would have liked to have seen a glimpse of a couple of the earlier characters from the series, somehow an ending to tie everything up.

JN

2 Comments:

  • At 10:41 pm , Blogger Cole Reising said...

    Ok Nicki I'm laughing here - why is it that every day I can check and check and check to see if you've posted. I go away for a couple of days and you've posted each one! :-) It was great though! I had a lot to read! Boy you have been busy reading! I wish that I could read that much. I recieved several from my grandmother this weekend and now have a stack I need to get through. It'll be a few months before that happens. In my keeping track for the year to see how many I actually read in a year I'm beginning to see how little time I really have to read. I truly thought I had more time to read but... I guess when it comes right down to it I'm thankful for the time I do have. And I get ideas for new reads here! Thanks! Hope that you had a great weekend! Cole

     
  • At 8:16 pm , Blogger Nicole Flockton said...

    Hey Cole,

    Good to see you. LOL yep I had a posting frenzy.

    I catch the bus to and from work each day which is usually about 30mins depending on traffic, then I read at lunchtime which is an hour.

    Then I will read before bed and sometimes if I'm being a slob I'll read in front of the tv. Of course that is after I've shined my sink ;) LOL

    Hope you had a good trip.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home