Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

12 February 2006

Curve Ball

Life has to throw little curve balls, how you handle them is completely up to you.

We just got handed a curve ball on Friday.... DH got made redundant or laid off. Totally unexpected and out of the blue and now maybe a little like they wanted to oust him. His branch of the Company is doing fine, financially.

I think its the whole possible fact that they wanted to get rid of him that is giving me a sick kind of feeling.

I'll be honest and say that he tends to call a spade a spade and then some but he knows his stuff. He has helped this Company become a real leader in the industry. If they had a problem with him they could have perhaps called him in to discuss it. I guess we'll never really know the real reason.

But as they say one door closes and another opens. As it is, he has arranged to start some casual work on Wednesday that could lead to a more permanent role. Also he is studying at the moment, looking at an alternative career. So maybe it's the universes way of giving him a gentle nudge in the right direction.

All I know is that my baby is really hurting and when I spoke to him, he is at his office going through his stuff and he says its heartbreaking. Actually as I'm typing this I'm trying hard not to cry for him.

I know this is for the best for us as a family but it's hard to see it at the moment.

JN

2 Comments:

  • At 11:07 am , Blogger Cole Reising said...

    Oh my heart breaks for you! I can't imagine the feelings that have arisen from the undercurrent of why they let him go. I'm so sorry for you but as you have pointed out, I have found that 'pushes' like you guys have just had can be exactly what we needed. I'll be thinking of you! Cole

     
  • At 4:34 pm , Blogger Katrina Glover said...

    Awww ((((Nicki & Jason & Fam)))). These things suck but you're so right when you say bigger and better is out there.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home