Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

11 June 2008

Week Two of Challenge

Well it's halfway through week two of the challenge and I'm pretty much on schedule. Word count after 10 days is 16,612. I'm extremely pleased with that, I haven't written that much in a long long time.

The weekend was, as I predicted, as waste of time only managed to get 1,373 words written over the whole weekend. But I'm back on track now. Although having said that looks like my darling son may have passed his cold onto me. God love children *sigh*

On another note my Desire query was sent off a week ago. I printed it out at work and gave one last read. Found a couple of errors which I sorted out and did a re-print. Then signed and put it in an envelope and my friend from work mailed it for me. Why didn't I mail it you ask, well putting it in the mail tray was a big thing for me. Also with someone else mailing it I wouldn't be tempted not to send it!!

So now I need to work on my pitch for the Desire online pitch competition and hope to get a call up for that.

What an amazing few weeks it has been for me. I've done so much and really feel like I'm achieving something. Now if only my characters in this new story will co-operate. They are playing hard to get and it's looking like this story will be longer than 10,000. Enough for a full length category story? Not sure but they have been telling me things which have got me thinking there is more to them than I initially thought. How exciting!

Everyone stay warm.

JN

7 Comments:

  • At 7:01 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Way to go on posting off the query! You're definitely on track for the challenge.
    RC

     
  • At 7:02 am , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Forgot to say I like the new look!
    RC

     
  • At 7:58 am , Blogger Rachael Blair said...

    Wohoo - you're doing so well!! I think it's so wonderful that all of us are using this challenge to get different things from our writing. Good on you for breaking the drought.

     
  • At 6:44 pm , Blogger lidia said...

    Nicki,

    Like the new look!

    You didn't decided to target Desires instead of HPs? Good luck!

     
  • At 1:17 am , Blogger Sussan Marz said...

    Ooh, exciting times! Best wishes with the query and online pitch. I'd love to know how you go with it all.

     
  • At 12:49 am , Blogger Eleni Konstantine said...

    You are doing really well with the challenge Nicki. Good on you for posting the query and good luck with the Desire Pitch :)

     
  • At 4:32 am , Blogger Nicole Flockton said...

    Thanks everyone for your support.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home