Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

18 June 2008

12 Days to Go

Well there are only 12 days left, including today of the challenge left. My word count is just over 30,000. I'm absolutely stoked with that amount. That is taken on computer word count. If I worked my word count on 250 words per page my word count would be around 33,000. But how can I count blank space when I finish a chapter?

Anyway I'm still on my second story. It's proved to be longer than I thought which is good although I think when it comes to editting I might lose a bit but then again I could add more. So it probably won't be category length but maybe a good length for an e-publisher. I'm close to winding this one up and then I need to start the next one. Might have to have a look through a 'Story Idea' document I found on my computer. See if something jumps out at me.

I'll admit to say I've hit the saggy middle of the month the last two nights the words have struggled but I hope I've turned the corner and tonight they'll flow. They need to otherwise I'll get behind schedule. I had actually worked myself to be one day ahead of where I should be. The last two days have put pay to that!

I'm going to try and update my word counter when I finish writing tonight. So keep a look out and see it grow!

JN

4 Comments:

  • At 9:04 pm , Blogger lidia said...

    Nicki,

    Good luck! I am confident that you will reach your goal! Keep writing! I am cheering for you!

     
  • At 10:18 pm , Blogger Eleni Konstantine said...

    Great going on being over the 30K mark. Yay you!! Good luck reaching your target. :)

     
  • At 9:23 pm , Blogger Rachael Blair said...

    Hey Nicki

    You are doing so fantastically! Am very jealous!

    :)
    RACH!

     
  • At 3:11 am , Blogger Nicole Flockton said...

    Ahh but Rach I'm not pregnant and hubby is away! Getting the kids to bed early :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home