Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

14 February 2010

February - The Month of Love

Well you could class February as the month of Love. Valentine's Day is celebrated smack bang in the middle of it.

This year I've experienced a different Valentine's Day. Here in the US Valentine's Day is a big event. The kids at school hand out Valentine's Cards to everyone. It seems that this day is a bit bigger than Christmas. My kids didn't get any Xmas cards from their school mates. To be honest I don't think it made a huge difference to them. Zane had never passed a lot of cards out as he'd only been at daycare, whereas Skylar had been at school for 3 years. It's funny that no comments were made by them. Maybe it was because it felt a little different. Of course come Christmas day they were pleased to see lots of gifts under the tree.

A few people believe Valentine's Day is a "Hallmark" Holiday. Perhaps it is. I do appreciate my loved ones everyday. It was actually quite sweet in my household. My gorgeous son told his dad "You are so taking me to Walmart to buy mum some flowers and makeup." Of course there was payback, a few days later he came up to me and said, "Mum, if I get you something for Valentine's Day will you give me something?".

So come Valentines Day I hear the voices of my two kids, trying to be quiet to surprise me with their gifts. It was very cute. My handsome hubby is enroute to India so we miss spending the day together. But he phoned me and that's all that really matters to me.

So what do you think of Valentine's Day? Just a commercial endeavour? Or something more?

JN

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home