Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

20 January 2010

General Ramblings

This post is just going to be about things in general. Things that have happened in and around my life since my last blog.

I'm very happy to say that it's only taken my five months but I've FINALLY managed to find a bread that the kids like and will eat. It almost tastes like bread back home. I had despaired of ever finding a tasty bread and something the kids would like. I'll admit to spending sometime just sitting and thinking, "What did bread taste like back home?" LOL, sad but true. It's such a simple food but very complex in taste over here. But now I've solved one problem. YAY!

On a writing level it's been a pretty tough week. Some things happened which turned quite emotional and I don't think it will ever be the same again. Trust and respect has been abused and sadly lost. So I'm going to put it out there, on the worldwide web. That I've written a short story and one of my plot devices was email banter back and forth between the hero and heroine. It's a personal need of mine to put this out there.

What else is happening on the writing front? Well now that I feel happy in how I've tweaked and play with it, I'm ready to send my short story to a contest. Once gone, I'm going to concentrate on getting my medical edited and sent off. I'm itching to start writing something new.

For my family, well we've been here in Houston for 5 months and I think we're getting settled in. The kids have gone through or are going through an intense testing period for their school work. It will be interesting to see their results in the future. My baby boy lost his first tooth on 18th January 2010. It's not possible that he is old enough to be losing teeth. He certainly lost his first tooth well before his big sister did! Speaking of his sister, well she's coping well with her broken leg and come the end of next week she should be out of the cast and then on crutches for a couple more days after that.

So for me everything is falling into place and even though it was an emotional second half of last week, it is something to look upon and learn and grow from it.

JN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home