Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

14 June 2010

Change

Change happens and you can't stop it, you just have to go along for the ride and hope that the change is good for you.


Obviously for us the big change was moving to Houston. It's been a great move and I am enjoying our time here. I'm enjoying the pressures of not having to get up and go to work. I'm enjoying spending more time with the kids. The thing I have to get past is the fear of the roads - that's holding me back in expanding and venturing out and experiencing more.


The thing is as we change here so things change at home. Was I silly enough to think they wouldn't? In some aspects I was. It's hard to read about all the things that I long to be a part of and I can't but I have new and wonderful opportunities happening here.


So do I hang on to the old of home? In all reality I can't I have to let it go and move on and just hope that when I do eventually return I can slip back into things. And maybe I can't continuing doing things here that I thought I could keep doing, but when it's something that I love can I really let it go? Only time will tell.

JN

1 Comments:

  • At 8:30 pm , Blogger Simone Pes said...

    Nic, you may find that when you eventually do return home those things you felt you needed to hold onto were not quite as important as you thought they were. Obviously family is a hard thing to distance yourself from but you will find you have grown from your experience. Maybe you could have some driving lessons with an instructor to get over your driving fears. Sim xoxox

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home