Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

06 March 2007

Time Flies

My last blog was on 1st January now it's 6th March where has the time gone? Nearly a quarter of the way through a new year.

I've had a lot happen in the last few months. I've entered another competition and am putting the final touches to my entry for another contest. I think I'm becoming a bit of a contest slut. *grin*

My daughter has started Pre-Primary and is really enjoying herself which is great. She likes her teacher and has made a couple of new friends which is great.

The biggest thing that has happened is that I've changed jobs. After much deliberation I decided my family was more important than work. So now I've got a parttime job. I only work 4 days a week so I get to spend a day with my son and I get to pick my daughter up from school. That's the best feeling seeing her face light up when she sees me there.

Also I'm getting home at least 2.5 hours before I was and the kids are getting to bed at a reasonable time. I've also got more time for me which is great. Also my hubby and I get to spend time together which is great.

So even though my salary has gone down a lot the quality time I have with the kids and my hubby it's all worthwhile.

Guess I should try and blog more.

The only downside to the new job is that I drive to the location now because of picking up my daughter I don't get the bus which means I don't get a lot of reading time!! Will have to make up for it some other way.

JN

3 Comments:

  • At 6:29 pm , Blogger Katrina Glover said...

    Congrats on the new job, Nicki.

    You are so right. Spending time with your family is so important.

    Good for you!

     
  • At 8:09 pm , Blogger Cole Reising said...

    Hi Nicki!

    Congrats on the new job! Seeing your daughter's smile is way worth any money you might have made the other way!

    And good luck on the contest! When do you find out? And for what type of book is it?

    Cole

     
  • At 7:21 am , Blogger Nicole Flockton said...

    The contests I entered were for the Romance Writers of Australia and they were the First Kiss and Opening Chapter.

    Should find out about the first kiss at the end of the month. Opening chapter had to be in 9 Feb and they had 85 entries so it will be about 4-6 weeks before I hear anything.

    Fingers crossed I get good comments. *grin*

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home