Nicole Flockton

Be whatever you want to be.

21 March 2007

Greener Pastures

We've all heard the saying "The Grass is Greener on the otherside". Sometimes its true and sometimes its not.

As you know I've just started a new job and with every new job there is a risk that perhaps the old job wasn't that bad. Even though my old job had good sides there were plenty bad sides to it. I initially applied for my new job because it said "Family Friendly HOurs" and in the advert school holidays considered for the right candidate. I didn't care what they did I was sold with the first line.

So I applied, got nervous when they called for the interview and doubts about my abilities and should I go for it set in. I decided I had nothing to lose and went for the job.

The interview was conducted in two parts. The first part was with the mortgage broker who I would be helping further down the track and the second part was with the financial planner that I would be employed by. Thought I did well in the interview but had to wait over a week because they had more interviews to do.

So on the day when they said they would get in touch I chickened out and turned the phone to silent. Really didn't want to hear but I really did want to hear. Anyway to cut a long story short I got the job. Hard decision to make, lots of factors to take into consideration and negotiations on wages needed to be sorted. But it was all done.

I've just completed my first month there. I've been told by boss and the other girl in the office that they are very glad I'm there and I'm doing a wonderful job. The mortgage broker always thanks me for helping her out. But the best thing today was when my boss got in and I asked if he wanted a cup of tea, he handed me a block of chocolate and said "I got you some chocolate to celebrate your 30 day anniversary with us". I almost cried. It was a wonderful gesture and I still get a warm fuzzy feeling each time I tell the story.

School holidays are approaching and I can't have time off but I can take my daughter into work with me. How cool is that!!

So for me the grass turned out way way greener on the other side.

JN

2 Comments:

  • At 2:13 pm , Blogger Jenne said...

    That's wonderful Nicki! I'm so happy that you like your new gig. :)

    How fun to bring Skylar in to work too! I bet she'll be so proud to do so.

     
  • At 2:26 pm , Blogger Cole Reising said...

    Hi Nicki! How awesome!!!! I'm so happy its worked out for you. That is such a big worry and can keep one from even trying! Kudos on daring to try --- it obviously paid off!

    Cole

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home